2020 Ford Edge Towing Capacity
Head to the Bloomington work site or set off on your next adventure behind the wheel of the 2020 Ford Edge, all without fear that you’ll have to compromise what you can do or bring along. When properly equipped, the Ford Edge towing capacity maxes out at 3,500 pounds. Discover everything else that’s in store with the Ford Edge engine lineup at Anderson Ford.
Ford Edge Engine Options
new Ford Edge offers two available engines that contribute to its maximum towing capacity:
- The Standard 2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 335 hp
- 380 lb-ft of torque
- 3,500-pound tow rating
- Available turbocharged twin-scroll direct-injection 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4
- 245 hp
- 275 lb-ft of torque
- 1,500-pound tow rating
In addition to the Ford Edge engine options, you’ll also enjoy an eight-speed automatic transmission with active warm-up. The Edge lineup also features the Ford Edge ST, the first SUV from the For Performance Team. Peruse the selection of new Ford models available at Anderson Ford to determine which Ford Edge engine and trim suits you best.
Ford Edge Towing and Cargo Features
When equipped with available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive and the Class II Trailer Tow Package, the Ford Edge reaches its maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. The package features trailer sway control, which applies the brakes or reduces engine torque to promote stability. Meanwhile, the AWD system monitors traction to deliver torque where necessary.
The following features also assist in maximizing the Edge’s performance and safety on the Decatur roads:
- AdvanceTrac with RSC (Roll Stability Control): Adjusts engine power and applies brakes based on road conditions and driver responses.
- Curve Control: Supports drivers when entering curves by reducing torque and applying four-wheel braking to reduce speed
- Traction Control: Limits wheelspin by reducing throttle output.
- Hill Start Assist: Prevents backward roll as you switch your foot from the brake to the gas pedal on an incline.
Test Drive the Ford Edge near Springfield
The 2020 Ford Edge has what it takes to handle your towing demands. See for yourself by taking a test drive near Springfield at Anderson Ford! Get in touch to plan your visit today. Browse our new vehicle specials, too, to find out how you can save.
Learn More About the 2020 Ford Edge
Head to the Bloomington work site or set off on your next adventure behind the wheel of the 2020 Ford Edge, all without fear that you’ll have to compromise what you can do or bring along. When properly equipped, the Ford Edge towing capacity maxes out at 3,500 pounds. Discover everything else that’s in store…